THANK YOU for agreeing to be a part of Audri.Life by providing your personal story.
You and your story will be part of an important project to help people learn more about the world around them, get insights into other people's live and enrich their travel experience.
We are looking for stories that knit people and communities together. You are completely free to come up with your own, unique concept. We applaud and encourage your creativity and love it if you have a new idea that surprises us!
Just speak and create from your heart and your own experience, and people will relate to what you have to say. And, since storytelling is an opportunity to be inclusive, it's great if you can add information about less publicly represented.
Here are some examples of stories just to give you an idea of what Audri.Life is all about.
· Stories about recognizing a problem, whether big or tiny, and doing something about it, are RIGHT AT HOME on Audri.Life
· Tell people about your business, such as a museum, shop, restaurant, you name it...
· Describe your work, and why you do it
· Talk about an event you went to or an historical event
· Share a slice-of-your-life
· Let listeners know about a special community of people
· Interview someone
· Share a local legend
· Introduce yourself and upload a piece of music or talk about your art
· Talk about a place that people can visit or can't visit, with details on how the place is lived-in and used (make sure to include a few things that are special to you, personally)
Recording and sending is easy!
When you're ready to record, here are some helpful guidelines:
LENGTH: Between 2 and 6 minutes
· Your audio MUST include the full name and location of the place you will describe or the general location where your story takes place
· Don’t say anything that is dangerous to you, or hurtful to others. There’s plenty else to talk about!
· Please be sure of your facts!
· Adding some background can help give context to listeners and help them "see" the place through words.
· It's great if you start with something like "This is a story about..." so listeners can quickly understand what you are talking about
· We'd love for your to write your own short-introduction. Each story will be prefaced with a short introduction stating the focus and length of the story.
example: “The next story is about local place names drawn from First People’s
languages. It is 2 minutes and 12 seconds long.”
SOUND & EQUIPMENT
· Speak with energy (the more energy you put into the recording, the more energy people will get from listening to you!)
· Record in a spot without too much background noise.
· Record directly on your phone if you want, holding the phone about 4" from your mouth making sure the mic isn't covered
· Feel free to use a special microphone or a studio setting, but don’t let lack of special equipment prevent you from posting. We really want your story!
· To avoid too many "ahs" and "ums" it can be helpful to write out your story in advance and read it into the recording device
· Optional: background/mood music or sound, but make sure it is not too loud and you have the legal right to include it.
· Any audio format is fine, though we prefer MP3
· If you have a video that is audio-rich, you can just extract the audio (make sure there aren't any long pauses or images that would be required to understand the audio)
By sending your story, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
Please put "New Story" in the subject line of your email.
In addition, your email MUST include:
1. Your Name
2. Your email address, if different from the address you are sending from.
3. The full name and place of your story (including zip code, a relevant photo and any relevant links)-this ensures we get the fact right and can post it with as much context as possible to Audri.Life
4. A statement that you agree to the terms and conditions as published on this web site
We'd also love if you sign up for the Audri.Life email list!
Email your release statement and audio story to Stories@Audri.Life or click "Send Your Story"
TERMS and CONDITIONS
I have the authority to grant Audri.Life the permission to publish, reproduce, or otherwise use the material submitted by me to Audri.Life, including any background sound, as well as audio and/or photographs taken as part of an interview.
I understand that the material may be edited, copied, exhibited, published and/or distributed by Audri.Life. I also understand this material may be used individually or in conjunction with other media in any medium, including without limitation to print publications, digital publications, and/or public broadcast for any lawful purpose. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed.
I hereby acknowledge and grant Audri.Life and its agents, licenses, successors, and third-party organizations the permission to use, publish, sell, distribute, and/or promote the material. I acknowledge and understand these materials about or of me, and my business, may be used for both commercial and/or non-commercial purposes.
I understand that Audri.Life can see no risk presently, and that I take full responsibility for my involvement in this project and the risks that it may entail (be they legal, physical, or mental) and release Audri.Life from any claims, demands, losses, damages, suits, and liabilities of any kind whatsoever in connection with the foregoing.
I understand that Audri.Life may, at its sole discretion, remove content from the platform, for example if they become aware that is it causing harm in any way, and Audri.Life may use the email address I send my submission from as a way to contact me, including contacting me about any proposed changes in terms, which may occur from time-to-time, for example as the technology develops.
I understand that I may, at any time, remove the content from the Audri.Life platform for future use by contacting Audri.Life with a certified letter, or the word “REMOVE” in the subject line of an email, and that removal may take up to 10 business days to accomplish.
I hereby certify that I am over eighteen years of age and am competent to contract in my own name insofar as the above is concerned, or that I am an adult with legal authority to sign on behalf of my child.
By signing this form, I acknowledge that I have completely read and fully understand the above consent and release and agree to be bound thereby. I have signed up for the Audri.Life mailing list. I hereby release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material for marketing, educational, promotional, and/or any other lawful purpose whatsoever.
Your email MUST include:
A statement that you agree to the terms and conditions as published on this web site.
Your email address, if different from the return of the address you send from.
Send your release statement along with your attached audio story to Stories@Audri.Life.